• How do I Apply for Financial Aid?

    To apply for Financial Aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Application. Refer to Applying for more information.
  • Can I Afford a UC Education?

    The University of California has provided a comprehensive explanation of the Financial Aid process at the University of California website.

  • How Much Does it Cost to Attend UCSB?

    To view the estimated cost attendance for Graduate students at UCSB, visit Cost of Attendance.

  • Will I be Charged Non-Resident Supplemental Tuition?

    Most students who live in another state are considered "non-California resident" students, and will incur higher University fees. The amount of loans in a non-California resident's Financial Aid package will increase to cover their increased costs.

    However, under AB 540 legislation, students enrolled or in the process of enrolling at a University of California campus after January 1, 2002, who attended a high school in California for three or more years, and who graduated from a California high school (or attained the equivalent), may qualify for an exemption from the nonresident tuition. Undergraduate, graduate, and professional students are eligible to apply for this exemption. For more information, visit the Registrar's website.

  • What Financial Resources are Available for International Students?

    Please visit these web sites for additional information:

    For more information about scholarships for international students, visit Scholarships.

  • Where can I Find More Information?

    • California Student Aid Commission (CSAC)

      CSAC is the principal California state agency responsible for administering the state’s Financial Aid programs for students attending public and private universities, colleges, and vocational schools in California. Its central mission is to make education beyond high school financially accessible to all Californians.

      Please visit their website for a thorough explanation of the Financial Aid programs CSAC administers, especially the Cal Grant A and Cal Grant B programs. You’ll also find information about the California Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth. Finally, explore their WebGrants for Students, a CSAC website created just for students. This website provides students with the resources, information, and tools needed to assist them with the college financial aid process.

    • College.gov

      This is an exciting, innovative new resource created by the U.S. Department of Education. College.gov was designed by students for students. It provides relevant, comprehensive information about why to go, how to go, and how to pay for college or other postsecondary education programs.

      Students will be engaged, informed, and inspired to create their own "roadmap" to college.

    • Student Aid on the Web

      This is the U.S. Department of Education's site for free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school. Whether you're in elementary or high school, a parent, or a counselor, this site offers a wealth of information and publications. The information provided on this website will help you make informed decisions regarding all phases of a college, technical, or trade school education, and career choice.

  • How do I Apply for Scholarships?

    To learn more about available scholarships at UCSB, visit Scholarships.