Notice to Prospective Nonresident Students
On November 19, 2015, the University of California Regents approved that new nonresident undergraduates will be ineligible for UC need-based financial aid. Due to this policy, we are unable to review appeals for additional grant funding. It is important to note that the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will help nonresident students receive all federal financial aid – such as Pell Grants or federal student loans – for which they qualify.
Here are some tips to help reduce the overall Cost of Attendance:
- Apply for outside scholarships! Our website can be a good tool to find reliable scholarship search engines, but also look within your local community, your high school, etc.
- Look into more affordable housing options, including opting for a triple in the university residence halls
- Review your student and parent loan options, which cover up to the full Cost of Attendance
- Explore payment plan options through the BARC website
- Save in cost and make year-round progress towards your degree by attending UCSB Summer Sessions.
Remember to contact our office with any questions you have concerning your Financial Aid Award Letter.