• Is Your Financial Aid File Complete?

    Students can monitor the status of their application, check for any required documents, and view their award letters on My Aid Status. To Log into My Aid Status, students will need their UCSB Net ID and Password. Make sure you select the correct academic year. 
  • Do You Have Required Documents to Submit?

    If you have been selected for verification, you will be sent an email, prompting you to log into My Aid Status. Once you are logged in, select the Documents Tab. Here, a link will be provided to our online document submission tool, where you can upload documents and submit electronic signatures.

  • Have You Reviewed Your Financial Aid Award Letter?

    Award letters will be posted in mid-July and will be posted under the Award Letter Tab of My Aid Status. Make sure that your file is complete and all documents are submitted. If you have questions regarding your award letter, please contact our office. 
  • Have You Enrolled in Classes?

    To register for classes, use GOLD. Once enrolled in the minimum amount of units, our office will apply your aid directly to your BARC account as long as the following conditions are met:

    • All documents submitted and processed
    • Enrolled in at least 6 units for undergraduate students and 4 units for graduate
    • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
    • Remain in good academic standing, and
    • Complete all required loan documents
  • Have You Completed All Loan Requirements?

    If you are wish to receive a loan, make sure that you have accepted your loans through My Aid Status and completed all loan requirements.

  • Will Your Fees be Paid by the Deadline?

    If your BARC charges exceed your disbursed financial aid, then you will have an amount due to BARC by the fee deadline. If your BARC balance is not paid by the deadline, a $50 late fee may be assessed and classes may be dropped due to nonpayment.

  • How Will You Receive Your Refund?

    If the sum of financial aid disbursements and personal payments to your BARC account exceed the balance due, then you will receive a refund. Refund checks are issued no earlier than one week prior to the first day of class for each quarter. Refund method preference can be updated on your BARC account. 
  • Have You Reviewed the FERPA Policy?

    FERPA is the United States federal law that protects student records privacy and provides for review and disclosure rights. If you wish to allow a third party, including your parent/s, to have access to your financial aid information, our office requires you to submit a consent to release form. This form is located under the forms tab. A new form must be submitted annually.