SUMMER 2017 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
The summer financial aid calculator will be available on the homepage of our website in mid- April. This calculator will provide you with an estimate of summer financial aid for which you may be eligible.
Beginning early May, you will need to submit final summer enrollment information to our office.
Important: A 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Application does not automatically make you eligible for summer financial aid. You must also submit the 2017 Summer Financial Aid Application.
IMPORTANT CALENDAR DATES
- April 15, 2017: Summer Financial Aid Calculator available
- May 1, 2017: Summer Financial Aid Application opens up
- Visit our website between May 1 – June 26 to submit the online summer aid application
- June 26, 2017: Priority Summer Financial Aid Application Deadline
- In order to be considered for Summer University Grant , continuing UCSB students must:
- be considered an “on- time” applicant for the 2016-17 academic year, and;
- submit the Summer 2017 Financial Aid Application by the priority deadline, and;
- have sufficient financial need
June 30, 2017: Final date to:
- Submit the Summer Aid Application
- File a 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Application
- Last day to apply for summer financial aid. Applications and revision requests received after this date will not be processed.
- Continuing UC students who have not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2017 or earlier
- Newly admitted students for Fall 2017
- Returning UC students to complete an incomplete degree
- Graduate students
- Students who were academically dismissed prior to Spring Quarter 2017
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
TYPES OF AID AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER
Summer University Grant: Available to all eligible undergraduate students who have financial need, apply by the priority deadline and who are considered an “on time” financial aid applicant for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Federal Direct Loans and Federal PLUS Loans: These loans are available to all undergraduate and graduate students. The amount available for summer is based on your remaining eligibility for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Please check back in late February for additional summer information and dates!