SUMMER 2019 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Summer 2019 is part of the 2018-2019 academic year. You must have a 2018-2019 FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application on file to be eligible for summer financial aid.
Undergraduates must be enrolled in at least 6 units in order to be eligible for summer financial aid.
Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 units in order to be eligible for summer financial aid.
IMPORTANT CALENDAR DATES
April 8, 2019: Summer financial aid estimator available now through My Aid Status.
June 30, 2019: Final date to submit a 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application (CADAA)
If your enrollment changes, we may modify your award which could result in billing adjustments.
We will modify award letters every Friday until June 10th and after June 10th on the following dates:
- July 1st
- July 22nd
- August 12th
- September 3rd
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID?
- Continuing UC students who have not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2019 or earlier
- Newly admitted students for Fall 2019
- Returning UC students to complete an incomplete degree
- Newly admitted and continuing graduate students
WHO IS INELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER AID?
- Students who are academically dismissed
- Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
- Other reasons may apply - see our Policy Information section for more details
ATTENDING ANOTHER UC FOR SUMMER?
The online UC Cross Campus Summer Application will be available now through My Aid Status. You can also access the application directly here.
ATTENDING A CITY COLLEGE FOR SUMMER?
Students who plan to attend City College should contact that schools’ financial aid office to determine if financial aid is available.
SUMMER DISBURSEMENT INFORMATION
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) is 10 days before the start date of classes.
Loans must be accepted via My Aid Status or on paper before they can be applied.
Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted and applied to the BARC account as long the following criteria are met:
- Student is within valid enrollment period
- Required documents are submitted and processed by our office
- Undergraduates are enrolled in at least 6 units and Graduates in at least 4 units
- Student is maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- All loan requirements are fulfilled: Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling