SUMMER 2017 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
The summer financial aid estimator is available through My Aid Status.
Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units to be eligible for summer financial aid.
Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 units to be eligible for summer financial aid.
IMPORTANT CALENDAR DATES
- April 15, 2017: Summer Financial Aid Calculator available!
- Visit our website between April 15 – June 30 to estimate your eligibility
- In order to be considered for Summer University Grant , continuing UCSB students must:
- be considered an “on- time” applicant for the 2016-17 academic year, and
- have sufficient financial need
June 30, 2017: Final date to:
- File a 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Application
- Continuing UC students who have not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2017 or earlier
- Newly admitted students for Fall 2017
- Returning UC students to complete an incomplete degree
- Graduate students
- Students who were academically dismissed prior to Spring Quarter 2017
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
TYPES OF AID AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER
Summer University Grant: Available to all eligible undergraduate students who have financial need and who are considered an “on time” financial aid applicant for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Federal Direct Loans and Federal PLUS Loans: These loans are available to all undergraduate and graduate students. The amount available for summer is based on your remaining eligibility for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Please check back in late February for additional summer information and dates!