Summer Financial Aid Information
Students must have a 2020-2021 FAFSA or CADAA on file to be eligible for Summer 2021 financial aid.
Students do not need to submit a subsequent application to request financial aid. Our office will award financial aid based off actual summer enrollment data. The summer estimator/calculator can help with planning and providing an estimate of what your summer aid may look like based on the units and sessions you input.
Summer Housing Incentive
Learn more about the summer housing incentive program
, which provides up to $1,000 in housing support for eligible students.
Early April - Financial Aid Estimator/Calculator available on My Aid Status
June 30 -
Last day to submit a 2020-2021 FAFSA or CADAA
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units in order to be eligible for summer financial aid.
- Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 units in order to be eligible for summer financial aid.
- If enrollment changes after you have been awarded, we may modify your award on targeted dates which could result in billing adjustments.
- Students who have not graduated or declared to graduate
- Newly admitted students for the upcoming fall term
- Returning UCSB students to complete an incomplete degree
- Newly admitted and continuing graduate students
- Students who are academically dismissed
- Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
- Other reasons may apply - see our Policy Information section for more details
Attending Another UC for Summer?
The online UC Cross Campus summer application is available through My Aid Status.
Attending a City College for Summer?
Students who plan to attend City College should contact that schools’ financial aid office to determine if financial aid is available.
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) is 10 days before the start date of the enrollment period.
Loans must be accepted via My Aid Status or on paper before they can be applied to BARC.
Grants and scholarships are automatically applied to BARC as long the following criteria are met:
- Student is within valid enrollment period
- Required documents are submitted and processed by our office
- Undergraduates are enrolled in at least 6 units and Graduate students in at least 4 units
- Student is maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- All loan requirements are fulfilled: Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling Interview