SUMMER 2018 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
The summer financial aid estimator will be available through My Aid Status on April 13, 2018.
Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units at one institution in order to be eligible for summer financial aid.
Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 units at one institution to be eligible for summer financial aid.
Note: You can only receive financial aid for one University during the entire Summer Sessions term. Financial aid will not be awarded for "dual enrollment," or attending two different universities during the Summer.
IMPORTANT CALENDAR DATES
April 13, 2018: Summer estimator available online
June 30, 2018: Final date to submit a 2017-2018 FAFSA or CA Dream Application
- Continuing UC students who have not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2018 or earlier
- Newly admitted students for Fall 2018
- Returning UC students to complete an incomplete degree
- Graduate students
- Students who were academically dismissed prior to Spring Quarter 2018
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
- Other reasons may apply - see our Policy Information section for more details
ATTENDING ANOTHER UC FOR SUMMER?
The online UC Cross Campus Summer Application will be available through My Aid Status on April 13, 2018.
ATTENDING A CITY COLLEGE FOR SUMMER?
Students who plan to attend City College should contact that schools’ financial aid office to determine if financial aid is available.
SUMMER DISBURSEMENT INFORMATION
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) for students with a beginning Session/s of A, C, D & E is June 15, 2018.
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) for students with a beginning Session/s of B, F & G is July 30, 2018.
Grants, scholarships and loans administered by our office are applied directly to the BARC account as long as the following criteria are met:
- Student is within valid enrollment period
- Documents are submitted and processed
- Undergrads are enrolled in at least 6 units and Grads in at least 4 units
- Student is maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- All loan requirements are fulfilled: Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling