SUMMER 2017 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
The summer financial aid estimator is available through My Aid Status.
Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units at one institution in order to be eligible for summer financial aid. If you plan to take courses at multiple institutions, you must be enrolled in at least 6 units at one in order to receive aid.
Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4 units at one institution to be eligible for summer financial aid.
IMPORTANT CALENDAR DATES
June 30, 2017: Final date to:
- File a 2016-2017 FAFSA or Dream Application
- Continuing UC students who have not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2017 or earlier
- Newly admitted students for Fall 2017
- Returning UC students to complete an incomplete degree
- Graduate students
- Students who were academically dismissed prior to Spring Quarter 2017
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
ATTENDING A CITY COLLEGE FOR SUMMER?
Students who plan to attend City College should contact that schools’ financial aid office to determine if financial aid is available.
SUMMER DISBURSEMENT INFORMATION
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) for students with a beginning Session/s of A, C, D & E is June 16, 2017.
The first day that summer financial aid will begin to post to students’ billing accounts (BARC) for students with a beginning Session/s of B, F & G is July 28, 2017.
Grants, scholarships and loans administered by our office are applied directly to the BARC account as long as the following criteria are met:
- Student is within valid enrollment period
- Documents are submitted and processed
- Undergrads are enrolled in at least 6 units and Grads in at least 4
- Student is maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress and
- All loan requirements are fulfilled: Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling