You must be a continuing UC student who has not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2020 or earlier.
Students who are ineligible for summer financial aid are:
- Students who are academically dismissed
- Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
- Other reasons may apply - see our Policy Information section for more details
Returning students in their first quarter of readmission are not eligible during that quarter.
Students who are on academic probation and subject to dismissal are not eligible to apply.
Types of Aid Available
The following financial aid is available based on eligibility:
- UCSB Scholarship, if eligible based on financial need
- Federal Pell Grant if eligible
- Federal Direct Student and Parent PLUS Loans
- Private Educational Loan
Awarding and Disbursement Information
- Applications are processed based the start date of your program and we begin awarding in mid-May.
- Students are awarded once enrollment at the host institution is confirmed and enrollment is at least 6 units.
- Aid will be applied to the UCSB BARC account 10 days before the start of the enrollment period. Any excess funds will be refunded to the student and must be used to pay any and all host institution fees.
- Parent PLUS loan checks will either be sent to the students’ BARC account or be mailed to the address indicated on their promissory note, depending on the option selected by the parent on the application at StudentAid.gov.
If you wish to accept any offered loans, you may do so at My Aid Status.
You must inform the UCSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships of any aid or scholarships received for the program through a source outside of UCSB.
You must meet all registration and payment deadlines of the other UC program you are attending.