You must be a continuing UC student who has not graduated or declared to graduate Spring 2022 or earlier.
- Students who are academically disqualified by the college
- Students who are not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Students who are on academic probation and subject to disqualification
- Non-UCSB students, as determined by the UCSB Office of the Registrar
- Returning students in their first quarter of readmission
- Other reasons may apply - see our Policy Information section for more details
Types of Aid Available
The following financial aid is available based on eligibility:
- UCSB Scholarship
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Loans and PLUS Loans
- Private Student Loan
Awarding and Disbursement Information
- Applications are processed based the start date of your program and we begin awarding in mid-May.
- Students are awarded once enrollment at the host institution is confirmed and enrollment is at least 6 units.
- Aid will be applied to the UCSB BARC account 10 days before the start of the enrollment period. Any excess funds will be refunded to the student and must be used to pay any and all host institution fees.
- Parent PLUS loan checks will either be sent to the students’ BARC account or be mailed to the address indicated on their promissory note, depending on the option selected by the parent on the application at StudentAid.gov.
- Loans are accepted on My Aid Status.
- You must inform our office of any aid or scholarships received for the program through a source outside of UCSB.
- You must meet all registration and payment deadlines of the other UC program you are attending.