The Work-Study Program will be open as of the pay period beginning September 20th, for the 2020-2021 academic year. This page hosts all guidance provided to students and to the campus regarding Work-Study processing during the Covid-19 pandemic. It will be kept up to date, and all archived communications for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years are available below.
Work-Study Program Fully Operational
- Funding continues to be available to support students and their positions.
- Students are still required to be enrolled in 6 or more units each term to be eligible for Work-Study.
Work-Study Fund Split
- The split percentage for on-campus Work-Study positions has been temporarily increased for the 2020-21 academic year, from 60-40 to 80-20.
- Work-Study funds will cover 80% of student's gross earnings up to their full Work-Study eligibility
- On campus employers will only pay 30% of a student's gross earnings (20% department share + 10% admin fee)
- Work-Study students are allowed to work remotely and remain Work-Study eligible.
- Please find ways to allow for remote work for student employees
- Some examples of remote work are:
- Virtual outreach/appointments: using Zoom or other virtual meeting software
- Online content review/revisions/creation
- Data entry
- Content writing for handouts/upcoming presentations/publications Data/financial analysis
- Customer Service via e-mail or phone
- Social Media Coordination
- Virtual Assistant
- Graphic Designing
- PAL may not be processed on Work-Study positions for earnings during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Students may only be paid for hours actually worked for any earnings split with Work-Study funds
May 26, 2020
April 20, 2020
Entering COVID-19 Related Leaves in Kronos
April 13, 2020
Work Study Covid-19 Information
April 8, 2020
Additional Work-Study Employment Reminders
March 30, 2020
Reminder – Continuation of Employment and Pay for Work-Study Student Employees
March 24, 2020
Continuation of Pay for Work-Study Student Employees
March 17, 2020
Remote Work for Work-Study Students
March 13, 2020
Work-Study Covid-19 Guidance